储蓄和支出的基本要素 Everyone with a Wallet Should Know
Get a quick overview of personal finance basics so you and your money can get headed in the right direction, 打从一开始
Understanding the basics of personal finance so you can create plans for how you want to spend and how you want to save can help you move toward life’s next stages—whatever you want those to be. Here’s a look at what everyone should know about money and how it comes and goes.
也叫预算, a spending plan is simply a plan you create to help spend money thoughtfully, so you can maintain your lifestyle and pay bills on time—even when they fluctuate. Here are the basic elements of a spending plan.
追踪你的资金流入 List out your paychecks, tips, loans, scholarships, everything.
追踪流出的资金 List all the bills: housing, groceries, utilities, credit cards, we know...这是一个整体.
添加. 评估. 调整. Do the math and take a look at how those totals compare. Maybe you’re in a great spot, maybe you’re looking to save more. 如果是的话，这里有一些预算技巧:
- 注意小事. 一杯咖啡4美元. 一杯冰沙6美元. 他们加起来. 快.
- 使用储蓄计算器: Using our savings calculator to help you quickly determine what you could save by making cuts to your budget.
- 不要在你赚得更多的时候花得更多. 如果你加薪了, consider saving part of it or contributing more to a workplace 401(k) retirement plan.
- 让自己使用现金. 应用程序和信用卡很容易被过度使用.
- 还清债务. If you have a growing unpaid balance on your credit cards, part of your budget should aim at bringing the balance to zero. Use our credit card interest calculator to determine how quickly you can pay it off and how much you can save paying it early.
Your savings account isn’t just a place to stash a rainy day fund. You can think about it as strategically as your spending plan by looking at your savings rate.
你的存款率: Your savings rate is the amount of money you save each month and it’s expressed as a percentage of your total or gross income. 这意味着你的储蓄率越高, 你每个月存的钱越多, 你为退休存的钱就越多, 或一所房子, or your emergency fund or whatever your financial journey is leading you toward.
多好的储蓄率啊? Many finance experts suggest a rate of 15%. That number might move up based on your goals, but it’s a good rule of thumb. Here are three ways to boost your savings rate:
- 削减开支 没有人喜欢它, but look over your budget for big and small cuts you can make—every dollar you cut from spending means more put toward saving.
Sounds like a no-brainer, but making more money is a great way to save more money. There are quite a few ways that you can increase the amount you are earning:
Get a new position (with your current or a new employer)
- 永远先支付自己 Set up automatic transfer to move money into your savings right after each pay period to make sure your savings goal gets funded first.