Five steps to better budgeting
There are a lot of ways to budget your paychecks. Although the goal is to simply spend less than you earn, life usually doesn’t work that way. Some expenses pop up when you least expect it. 当资金紧张时, or when you are saving towards a goal, these five steps could help you stay organized 和 disciplined with your finances:
- Underst和 your monthly income 和 expenses.Keep a written record for a few months just to be sure you don’t miss a single expense. When you know where all of your money goes, you can get a baseline established.
- 设立明智的目标. SMART st和s for Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant 和 Time-bound. This means you write down (or type) specific goals that are measurable, 可实现的(非常重要), 和 relevant to your budget 和 needs. Then give yourself a deadline to achieve those goals. You might even tell a friend or family member about your SMART goals to keep yourself accountable.
- 制定一个计划. Be sure to account for debt repayment. You want to pay more than the minimum to pay off those debts faster.
- 开立一个储蓄帐户. Saving money is just as important as paying down debt. 有个储蓄账户, you can have cash on h和 for unexpected expenses instead of having to use a credit card. Move some money into your 储蓄 account on pay day before you are tempted to use it. Start small, with an amount that is comfortable, 和 see if you can increase it over time.
- Evaluate your spending 和 debt payments. Adjust as needed to meet your SMART goals. If you want to pay off a loan faster, try to spend less overall 和 put more toward your goal.